Information We Collect
We generally collect the following information:
· Information we receive when you use our Services. We collect any information you submit for each sample which could include animal name, USDA number, herd ID number, ear tag or any other information provided by you for each individual animal’s sample submitted.
· Information you share directly with us. We collect and process your information when you place an order or make a payment. We do not retain any bank or credit card information unless specifically instructed by you.
· Information from our CWD testing services. With your consent, we process and test samples you submit for chronic wasting disease. We store that data confidentially and will not share it with anyone unless required by law.
· Information from our DNA testing services. With your consent, we extract DNA from your submitted sample and analyze it to produce individual animal Genetic Information (the As, Ts, Cs, and Gs at particular locations in your genome) in order to provide you with CWD Evolution reports. We store that data confidentially and will no share it with anyone unless required by law.
How We Use Information
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
· To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide our Service, which includes processing payments, shipping documentation to customers, creating customer accounts, analyzing individual animal samples and DNA, and delivering results.
· To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new reports, tools, and Services.
· For CWD Evolution Research, with your consent. If you choose to consent to participate in CWD Evolution Research, CWD Evolution researchers can include your de-identified Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information in a large pool of customer data for analyses aimed at making scientific discoveries.
Control: Your Choices
CWD Evolution gives you the ability to share information in a variety of ways. You choose:
· To store or discard your submitted sample after it has been analyzed with applicable fees.
Access To Your Information
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
· With our service providers in de-identified form, including our genotyping laboratory, as necessary for them to provide their services to us. We will not share your genetic data or analysis unless you have given your explicit consent. We do not share any data or outsource any services for CWD testing.
· With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent.
CWD Evolution will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
· We do not share customer data with any public databases.
· We will not provide any person’s data (genetic or non-genetic) to another business
· We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant for CWD testing, genetic or Personal Information.
How We Secure Information
CWD Evolution implements measures and systems to ensure confidentiality and integrity of CWD Evolution data.
· De-identification/Pseudonymization.Registration Information is stripped from Sensitive Information, including genetic and phenotypic data (if provided for breeding scheme Services). This data is then assigned a random ID so the animal that provided the sample/data cannot reasonably be identified.
· Limiting access to essential personnel. We limit access of information to authorized personnel, based on job function and role.